팝업닫기
찾으시는 내용이 있으신가요?
사이트 내 전체검색
BUFS PEOPLE
Leading Professor of Airline Service Choi Mi-seon

Leading Professor of Airline Service Choi Mi-seon

Cub reporter Lee Se-mok

churrasco23@naver.com

Many new departments have been created this year at BUFS. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic and restrictions, there have been few opportunities to learn about these new departments. Among them, the Department of Airline Service has gained a lot of interest from the students. The Woesong Times had an opportunity to interview one of the professors in the Department of Airline Service and hear about the department.

external_image

Professor of Dpt. of Airline service Choi Mi-seon. 

Photographed by Lee Se-mok

Q. Could you please introduce yourself

A. Hello, my name is Choi Mi-seon, and I am a professor in the Department of Airline Service. In the past, I worked at China Eastern Airlines’ first- and business class section. I have also worked as an instructor for the Ministry of Education in charge of flight service and flight attendance education.

Q. What kind of department is the Department of Airline Service?

A. The Department of Airline service trains students about global airline service, personal intelligence, and character. Students will develop into global airline service leaders with essential job skills and visions which can adapt to changes and developments in the airline industry. Moreover, the competitive needs of airline flight attendants and related industries will also be developed. Students will achieve their dreams of becoming flight attendants for both domestic and foreign airlines in the Department of Airline Services at Busan University of Foreign Studies.

Q. Do you have any future direction or plans for the department?

A. We will go through the process of implementing the slogan of our department, the commencement of a K-air service, and introducing new standards of the airline service. The curriculum utilizes and reflects the best learning environment not only for domestic airlines, but also for overseas airlines by using the strengths of Busan University of Foreign Studies. In addition, students can participate in flight attendance training and flight training so they can perform on-site work immediately after graduation. We have non-curriculum activities such as a TOEIC camp, domestic and international volunteering, exchanges with personnel managers of domestic and foreign airlines, and recruitment seminars. These programs will help students to expand their experience and shape the desirable personality traits required by airline companies to prepare for their future. Many universities are concentrating on training courses for future flight attendants, but we will run courses such as corporate management analysis, aviation security and safety, and corporate ethics, in order to improve their leadership qualities. In addition to various theoretical and practical lessons, we have established an in-flight emergency team program for the safety of flight attendants and customers in case of in-flight safety violations. Also, certificates of 'Hapkido', from which many emergency response techniques are based, can be earned at the end of the semester. We will foster the abilities to respond proactively and professionally to any situation that threatens the flight.

external_image

Students participating in flight training. 

Provided by Choi Mi-seon

Q. Lastly, do you have anything to say to students who are interested in the Department of Airline Service?

A. Our department trains global airline service personnel with true intelligence and character. Not only will we develop expertise in aviation services, but our students will also grow with society. All companies around the world, beyond domestic and foreign airlines, prefer intelligent human resources. Our department will move forward with students to train human resources to realize the value that companies want. The word 'First' is exciting and greedy to everyone. Every step you take will be remembered as history and tradition of the Department of Airline Service at Busan University of Foreign Studies. I will work hard until the day I become a cradle for domestic and international airline flight attendants. You are the protagonists of history. Thank you very much.

BUFS2021. 8. 30조회수231